Thursday, April 27, 2017

I Am Powerful, but I am also Powerless

I feel powerful when I am given a huge responsibility, that makes me feel powerful because it makes me feel like I have power over people as well as being able to know how much power I can handle. Many people who have power think that it's easy to have it but you can lose it just as fast as you got it if you abuse it. One example of when I feel powerful is when I am given the responsibility to look after my god brother and sister. I feel powerful because I have control over them but what makes me feel even more power is that my god mother trusts in me to give me the responsibility in the first place.



I am not always powerful though. I do feel powerless at times as well. One time when I was younger, about 10, I was told I couldn't do somethings, whether it was join my brothers at the park or not being able to cook by myself. I felt powerless because when I cook I have to wait and rely on someone to help me when I already know what to do. I feel powerless not being able to join my brother because since I am the youngest child it makes me feel left out and I also have no one to be with. I also feel powerless when I am not acknowledged and people don't listen to what I have to say because they think I don't understand and that makes me feel lonely.


No comments:

Post a Comment